My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JD 425 and a 60" mower deck. I also have a 48" front blade with an angle kit attachment. I had the blade hooked up and it was operating fine - up/down and side to side. I took the blade off after the snow melted and turned the toggle switch off to the blade hydraulics. I then tried to hook the mower deck up. The arms to the deck would not come down. I managed to raise the mower deck up high enough to lock the arms in. The top lever arm which operates the up/down for the mower deck would not raise or lower it. It was high so I mowed my horse pasture with it that way. Now, 2 months later, I was going to mow the pasture again but by sitting for this amount of time, the mower deck has lowered itself down to a very low height. The top lever which should raise the deck is not working. I have checked all the oils, transmission is high and engine oil is good. What am I doing or not doing? in order to get this mower deck to raise up and lower down? Thanks!

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Is your lock out valve open or closed? Look behind your 4 hydro connections to see if you have one if your not sure. slkpk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought that had to be closed to keep the hydraulics for the front blade from filling with oil and to operate the mower deck. It's closed. So, I should open it? Won't the four hydraulic hook-up run oil out then? Especially when I operate the top lever to lower or raise the mower deck, won't the two hydraulic hook-up to raise and lower the front blade run oil out?

·
Super Moderator
35,822 Posts
You need to open the valve to allow the ram to work that raises and lowers the deck. Also check to see that none of your other levers are stuck slightly open.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I thought that had to be closed to keep the hydraulics for the front blade from filling with oil and to operate the mower deck. It's closed. So, I should open it? Won't the four hydraulic hook-up run oil out then? Especially when I operate the top lever to lower or raise the mower deck, won't the two hydraulic hook-up to raise and lower the front blade run oil out?
If oil comes out of them when operating the levers without hoses hooked up then the o-ring in the coupler is bad. (They might get damp)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts