My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

On my JD 4230 my injection pump is leaking fuel into oil. It has the Stanadyne DM4 pump. I was about to try and reseal it myself but I see in the repair manual it is showing a special tool No. 19923 to place the drive shaft seals in place. Do you know if these seals can be placed without having the tool? Also is this pump fairly easy to reseal and not have to go through bench testing afterwards? Thanks

·
Registered
481 Posts
How did you come to the conclusion it was the IP's front seal? I'm not familiar with what Lift Pump those engines used but if it's a diaphram type they will leak fuel into the crankcase when they go bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I changed the fuel lift pump already and I am still getting fuel in the oil. So the only other thing I could figure is it is the fuel injection pump shaft seals leaking.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Or a leaking plunger on the injection pump. It would probably not run well though. We have our pumps rebuilt and calibrated. Saves a lot of wasted time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does have a cover to pull off to get to pump drive shaft. I haven't pulled it off yet but I'm planning to this weekend. I will see if I can tell if it's been leaking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts