My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came to the only place I know to pose questions about my 345 Great tractor but sometime over my head.

I have a jD 345 with a 56" deck. The deck will not lift or lower. The handle seems frozen and will not budge. I havent had a problem with this in the past. Suddenly Saturday I get on it and BAM. I removed the deck and inspected for bent levers etc. Everything seems mechanicly sound . I can assume the valve is froze up for some reason but cannot think of why or how to test it other than a complete remove and repair. Can anyone give me a hint as to houw to test it or how experience as to what has caused this., ALSO the break pedal will not return on its own. I have to reach down and pull it up by hand. This has been acting up for a week or two but recently has been a more severe issue. Once i return it to the up position everything works without issue.
ANy and all help is truly appreciated.
Ray

·
John Deere
78 Posts
Is your deck spring manual or oil hydraulic? The oil filter on the hydraulic could be plugged, blocked line. Do you have power steering? Is it working? If it is spring activated, did the plunger on the shaft move to release? This is just some things to look at. Trail and eliminate. Spring break?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is all hydraulic. Deck trans and steering. There are no springs. The trans and steering work great w nO issues. It is only the deck mtgs brake might be a spring but I don't think so. It is pretty hard to Pull back

·
I color outside the lines
2,159 Posts
I would unhook the linkage and make sure the shaft and lever by the steering wheel is all free.

That stuff is all packed pretty tight on the 345

·
Registered
865 Posts
so your deck lifts fine when you return the brake to the up position? sounds like something is caught. i think its pretty easy to remove the fender pan (4 bolts i believe). might want to take if off and check it out.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Once i return it to the up position everything works without issue.
"Everything works..." including the deck movement?? after you pull the brake up??

I have a 345 and would be happy to check... but I would pull off the seat and mid pan, 4 bolts on the seat pan and I think 4 on the mid pan

height adjustment knob just pulls straight up... a 10 minute removal, (probably 1/2 hour if first time...) it will give you great exposure... I had a stick fly up and do something similar...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the input. To clarify a point a confused earlier. Once I lift the brake pedal the brakes work fine, the deck still w

1 - 8 of 8 Posts