My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, just been doing a lot of work with the 332 and JBSR. I purchased the wooded lot next to my house and had it cleared. The massive piles of wood chips where no match for the bucket, making me wish I had the bucket doubler. After about 80 hours of use the bucket is holding up. I have had to replace some of the clips that go on the ends of the pins, the nice orange and black sticker was sc***** off by a log when moving firewood, and the buck had begun to sag in the middle from heavy lifting and loads. I got 60 yard of fill dirt to grade had for my garage project. So here are some pictures.

·
10,730 Posts
Between the front and rear tires and the weights, its seems to be a nice set-up for dirt work. Does the mower deck slow you down much?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still need alot more weight on the back! The weights are from an old Cub and are only like 35 pounds each. Currently Im working on another tractor for cutting my grass. Once I get that up and running I'll be removing the deck from the 332 and just using it for big jobs.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Great pics. Seemed like every time I would use my JBSR or FEL I always ran into problems hanging up the deck so I got into taking it off 90% of the time. slkpk

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Awesome machine thanks for the pics :fing32:

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,225 Posts
Ah ha. The JBSR, the greatest most functional tool ever invented for the 300 series JD GT's....:thThumbsU

Looking good Jay.

·
Super Moderator
32,663 Posts
Wow, looks and sounds like you're putting it through it's paces! Glad to hear it's holding up well for you!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The rears are 24x12-12 on the standard old wheels. I have been think that if I get my other tractor as my full time mower that I'll be putting larger tires on it but for now it works great. The three point is at the top of my wish list right now. As I need more weight on the back. I will also keep and eye on the bucket, since it seems to be changing its shape a little.

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Great photos!

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,225 Posts
Jay, you know you just ordered that delivered pile of dirt so that you could climb up it with your 332 and take pictures, right?:fing32:

Also, have you noticed the overall lifting power of the JBSR is starting to weaken?

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Looks like it is doing fine!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jay, you know you just ordered that delivered pile of dirt so that you could climb up it with your 332 and take pictures, right?:fing32:

Also, have you noticed the overall lifting power of the JBSR is starting to weaken?
I got a good deal on the fill dirt. Most of the companies around here charge 130 to 160 for a 15 yard truck. But there has been a major highway expansion going on just down the road from me so I stopped and asked around. Sure enough, 50 for a full truck. And its real dirt, not sand that the other guys are getting from dredging. So super good deal.

I don't think the bucket had got any weaker, I scooping over full loads of dirt and some time its a little slow picking it up, but it is crazy heavy. And remember I think he only rats them for what? 400lbs?

The pic on top of the dirt was a bet from my brother, "that heavy old tractor aint get'n up that hill"...hehehe

:fing32:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts