My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a surprise tonight and I'm trying to figure out what would have caused this. I was having problems with one/both of the ignition coils on my 325, so I got some new ones in the mail today to swap them out. While opening up the shroud on the engine, I noticed an issue with the fan assembly. It looks like it has been rubbing on the shroud for quite some time as a good 3" section of the white fan had been worn away along the top and the fan cover was also rubbed up quite a bit. I went ahead and ordered a new fan, cover, and little triangle attachment piece that it hooks on to so that I can replace all of that.

However, it got me wondering after ordering what may have caused something like this and if it is something else that needs to be fixed along with it so that this doesn't happen right away with the new parts.

I put it back together for now and fired it up to make sure the coils are working right, and now it sounds like the fan may be slightly misplaced from when I took it apart and that it is now rubbing in a different spot...it was a bit noisy with a rubbing sound on the fan. I loosed the bolts and adjusted it a bit and it sounded better after that, but there's still some rubbing noise that I can't get to go away with the ruined parts.

Any thoughts/advice, or has anyone experienced something like this before? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
The fan could have been installed incorrectly from the factory. It was in the Kaw FR651V in my zero turn...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts