My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went out on a limb and purchased a tractor through an auction site, without seeing it in person. It is a 1998 325 with just under 400 hours. I am wondering if there is anything I should watch out for, etc', on this model? Anyone tilled with one? I actually bought it for that purpose because of the power lift, as my back can't hold up to the manual lift I have been using. I will be mowing more field than yard when I do use it for mowing. It has a 48 inch deck.

Any thoughts or info' will be appreciated.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have a 345JD almost same tractor your 325 will till just great,One thing that gets me in this forum is the hours you guys claim on your tractor.I cut maybe 4-5 hours per week,haul some dirt,a little yard clean up,haul grass clipping.A 98 tractor with 400 hr is like 1hr per week times 36 weeks in a yr times 11 yrs.How is that possible.My 2000 JD has 1944 hr on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I learned how to cut grass on a JD325. I am not sure of the year, but a 98' or ealier. That same old tractor is running strong today. I cut grass as a part-time job during high school and college on it. That mower has well over 1,000 hours on it. The only thing we ever had to replace was blades from putting it through some serious duty. I cut some fields that were probably better suited to be cut by a full-sized tractor with that mower. It has a 54" deck, which was a little too much deck for the 17hp Kawasaki. The 48" ought to be perfect. I can't think of anything that you ought to watch out for. Just keep up on the maintenance and it ought to last many more years.

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
Well, I went out on a limb and purchased a tractor through an auction site, without seeing it in person.
Any thoughts or info' will be appreciated.
Hi ropari ,

I personally would not have went on that limb , but if it was maintained ,
maintenance wise , you'll be good to go , that is a strong Tractor ...

Later,x595

·
Super Moderator
16,321 Posts
The last year of production for the 325 was 2002 it was replaced By the GX325. The 325 would have been the starting model in the 300 series model built after 1992 from Deere's middle of the Line Garden Tractors. The 325 was made between 1995 to 2002. Started out with a 17hp Kawasaki then went to a 18hp Kawasaki in 1999 Here are the GX325 specifications http://www.deere.com/specsapp/Custom...&pNbr=SKU20720 which are the same as the 325 except yours is a 17hp Kawasaki. :thThumbsU

1 - 5 of 5 Posts