My Tractor Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,422 Posts
Frank, nice job on that driveshaft and miscellaneous other repairs to get ready for the winter...by the hair on your chinny chin chin!! You really documented your process well and I'm sure this thread will become a must have for anyone wanting to do the same! Would you mind if I make it a sticky in the JD L&G tractor forum?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

Thanks to Biker 3777 for the two filter idea. Extra insurance and they are $5 or so bucks.

Last thing I want to say is the pan seat support is lousy since it leads to cracks at the bolt holes. The previous owner was a giant man! Also, I haven't driven it yet other than starting it so can't say how the tight shaft has improved the vibration which led to this job!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Frank, nice job on that driveshaft and miscellaneous other repairs to get ready for the winter...by the hair on your chinny chin chin!! You really documented your process well and I'm sure this thread will become a must have for anyone wanting to do the same! Would you mind if I make it a sticky in the JD L&G tractor forum?
Thanks, its totally cool to sticky it. This forum has helped me from beginning to end! And gave me the confidence to dig into these necessary repairs!

·
Three of my friends
8,684 Posts
Great work and for being new at this it looks awsome,question I might have is the nub on the pump shaft,I looks like it might belong in that slot in the pump,I’ve never been into that area so I don’t know for sure.

i went looking for information on the pump an found this,from watching this video,I do think that nub you see is what’s left of a pin that fits in that slot.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Great work and for being new at this it looks awsome,question I might have is the nub on the pump shaft,I looks like it might belong in that slot in the pump,I’ve never been into that area so I don’t know for sure.

i went looking for information on the pump an found this,from watching this video,I do think that nub you see is what’s left of a pin that fits in that slot.
I thought that it might be a piece of that pin somehow welded to the shaft because of heat/friction. The pump small sprocket doesn't come off so something is stuck/busted but since it was still working I left it be. I think one day the trans will need an overhaul given the condition of the shaft. I also couldn't spend any more time or $ at the moment.

By the way -used the tractor yesterday for the first time since and the good news is the reversing vibration is gone and nothing vibrates that isn't from the front end when using the blower. The blower is a bit quieter since regreasing the gearbox with cornhead and tightening the idler pulley. Seems to throw better except when the wind is not in my favor. Lastly, the reserve tank switch is now working. Not sure what changed there except completely new hoses!

·
Three of my friends
8,684 Posts
Good news that everything works good,the 318 was my favorite,I like the 420 but there were places it too big to access,I really like my 332 but diesels sometime are finikey but it comes with age,don’t ask me how I know👍👍👍

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I watched this MMMRBeef video a couple of times before getting into this project!

61 - 69 of 69 Posts