My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Well I have a JD 317 coming in that needs some repairs. It'll be the first JD that I'll be playing with.

Model # C317J

I haven't seen it, but have heard that the steering "box" is messed up and has some shoddy welds as a quick fix.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any spark. I'm thinking points and condenser, but too soon to tell.

So I've been doing some research... hoping to find some exploded views of the steering assembly & electrical system with erlated parts #'s. But no luck.

Do you folks know where I could find such info without buying the entire shop manual?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Chad

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent! Thank you very much.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
The service manual was $45 from JD on CD. Don't know if this would break the bank or not, but would be pretty handy.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK guys, found some parts that I need to order.

I tried a search here but can't find anything regarding ordering parts online.

Is it possible? I went thru the JD website, and it says to pick the local JD dealer, and they will contact me.

I'm hoping I'm just being ignorant here and there is a way to order JD parts online?

Thanks for any advice you can give to this floundering JD rookie!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
D-Dogg,

I did that, then it said the dealer would contact me... which leads me to believe that I would have to purchase through them? They are about 30 mins from my house, and I was hoping to just order online.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by Sears partsdirect, outdoor distributors, etc...

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
I think there is that alternative, but I'm not sure of the link.

I will usually order online and pick up in the store. Of course that get me in trouble - kinda like a kid in a candy shop.

·
"The Lucky Muscle"
716 Posts
I buy all my parts from www.keepingitgreen.com. Fast shipping and cheap prices. Its accually an above link!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts