My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I okay, several have asked for pictures of the Homemade 3 pt that came on my 317. Guy did a good job, although I have tweeked it some and still could use some tweeking. For 1, the pickup arms could be bent over some to be a little bit more over the lift arms. I slotted the lift strap so it would have a slight float with the implements down. I had to cut and reweld the lift attachment(for better word) so it would raise all the way without hitting the Frame. I works for now, but plan to change it to hydraulic. Maybe my Buford Bucket wanna-be will come first.
Anyways, here is some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Sonny if you use a threaded bolt between your upper lift arms and your lower lift arms you will have 4-6 inchs of float. Hard to explain. You can lift the lower lift arms up until they hit the upper lift arms with the set up I made or you can put a nut on your threaded bolt and have down presssure. This is the three point I made.

Attachments

·
26,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I got long bolts in the lift arms but was afraid it wouldn't float like I wanted. Might make another lift arm link without the slot to see how it works.:fing32:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sonny, Thank you for posting. These close up pictures are a rare find.
Does the 3 pt attach to the rockshaft the deck use to raise up with? I have been thinking that there is enough play to use the deck cylinder as a 3 pt cylinder instead. That would be great since i have 2.

:thanku:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dang. You're quite a little way from me. I'm in Central City, NE. 25 miles NE of Grand Island. It's about 5 hours to KC for me...... so much for that idea!

I am still interested in building one. I may ask you for more detailed pictures at a later date if you don't mind spreading the wealth. I'm also looking at building rear PTO's. Doesn't seem like it'd be that hard. In the next few weeks I will be starting on the PTO and see how it goes. If it works out I may build them for anyone that wants one.

·
26,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rear PTO would be cool! :fing32:
I like the 3 pt that redmule built.:trink40:
I can take more/better pictures if need be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.