My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
nice video, looks like you were getting some good seat time!:fing32: We got some decent snow here in WI too, and the plowing went well, but I can see where some more weight would be nice! And a lockout valve! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Well, we finally got a little bit of snow. Since adding 400 pounds of weight (filled tires, wheel weights, weight box) my 314 has no trouble pushing snow. Here is a video: http://youtu.be/vm02ePmSSus
Nice video.:fing32: Looks like you had plenty of power and traction for the task. The extra 400 lbs got the job done. And plowing kept the dogs entertained.

Yesterday I plowed the two inches we recieved in So. Maine. This was my third time plowing with the 112H. The three things I have figured out:

1)- Having a hydraulic lift makes things MUCH easier.
2)- Having an angle adjustment rod is a must. It is getting very old having to get off repeatedly and manually change the blade angle.
3)- The more weight the better. I have chains, 50 lb. wheel weights, and a sleeve hitch. Still not enough.

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,161 Posts
Video Production 101-- Dogs and pretty girls always make a video more interesting ! :greendr::
:ditto::ditto::trink39:

Great Video.

·
Citizen of Earth
16,842 Posts
What I liked was that everyone looks happy including the dogs. Your machine is working great! And I see you have hydraulic angling, which is SO NICE to have, ain't it? I have a Kohler 316 that is just like yours with 2 more HP, which probably wouldn't be any different in performance than yours. These can plow a lot of snow, and as you discovered today, beats shoveling in every way!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Well, we finally got a little bit of snow. Since adding 400 pounds of weight (filled tires, wheel weights, weight box) my 314 has no trouble pushing snow. Here is a video: http://youtu.be/vm02ePmSSus
I also watched your other video concerning the ratttling noise coming from your K321. Did you ever find the source?

Mike in Maine

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I also watched your other video concerning the ratttling noise coming from your K321. Did you ever find the source?

Mike in Maine
No I did not. Some have referred to the noise as the dreaded Kohler knock which apparently can have many causes. I suspect it is excessive end play in the camshaft. Although I read a post where someone attributed Kohler Knock to having too little end play in the crankshaft. In the threads that I have read most people say it is annoying, but harmless. I've been running the tractor this way since I rebuilt the Kohler back in August. So far, no issues. The rattling sound tends to go away when under load.

Greg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.