My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site so if I'm posting in wrong spot my apologies.
Trying to fix my neighbors John Deere 3032E compact tractor that they use for cleaning out horse barn.
Hadn't been serviced in over four years.
Stated it would be running fine then run rough, start white smoking then die.
Let it sit a little while, it starts up, runs fine for a while then repeats the issue.
I did a complete service, since it needed it anyway hoping this would correct a possible fuel issue related to dirty filters.
Tractor ran fine after service, I ran it around my place, pushed up a pile of dirt to work it a little and it seemed okay.
Neighbor picked it up yesterday, ran fine, called late today and stated it's doing it again.
Just going dead seems like a lack of fuel issue but the white smoke is what has me confused.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
There is a screen built in to the fitting in the fuel tank. My guess is that the screen is clogged/partially clogged. Or there may be water in the fuel. Disconnect the hose from the bottom of the tank and see how much fuel comes out. If only a trickle, then fitting needs to be removed to clean the screen. If there is water in the bottom of the fuel filter, then fuel needs to be drained and clean the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts