My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:howdy: When mowing, after about ten minutes the engine starts to studder, if I shut the PTO off and put the throttle at halfway the engine will pick up again then I can go to full throttle. The engine will run fine without the PTO on. Any ideas/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. :smilie_fl

·
Premium Member
6,405 Posts
Verify that it's running on both cylinders.
That engine only has one cylinder.

I would check the battery first as Harry said to rule that out. You may be due for a new one anyway.

Make sure the belts and spindles are moving freely on the deck also and not binding up in some way.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Had a similar issue with my 320 last year during hot weather - engine would just die while mowing. I could take the hood off and run it ok. Once the weather cooled below 65 deg or so it ran ok. Dealer could not figure it out either. Finally, this spring I replaced the battery and cables. Runs great now in hot weather, 80+ deg no problems. The battery was too weak to stand up to the heat, especially with the pto engaged.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:howdy: Thank you everyone for your replies. I kinda suppected the fuel pump and the battery. I will check them out and let you know. :smilie_fl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts