My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of an aftermarket backhoe bucket manufacturer that makes buckets for the 260 backhoe?

i'm looking for something in the 12" - 16" bucket
i find the JD price (almost $1000 cdn) a little steep

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump.

wondering if anyone has any info on aftermarket buckets for teh 260B backhoe for a 2305 tractor...
looking for a 16" bucket equivalent... JD original pn: BLV10026

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that. A good read.

I aleady have athe 8" bucket and need a bigger one to move lots of dirt.

Te ebay seller is high on drugs. I can get the original JD one and even at list-price it's 20% less than the ebay post.

i'm looking for a deal... like 25-50% off "JD LIST"... some aftermarket brand / made in china type deal etc...

cheers!

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea - i just bought a new 16" bucket from JD after the price dropped from $1000 to $700 tax-in.
Still waaaaay too expensive for what it is - but after I got a quote for $500+ for a "custom fab" one, I decided to stick with the real deal.
Could have made it myself, but was a bit short of time this summer - too many other projects already in the hopper.....

I was surprised how well the bucket was digging in. I expected to be short on digging-in power, but was pleasantly surprised. I was digging mixed soil, sand, rocks, and wet clay.....

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
now now.... i just needed to download them off my phone....patience please....

The project was a pond shore-line restoration, deepening of the edge, and installation of a new swale for overflow.

Moved about 20 yards of soil in total this way.... about 150feet of shoreline.... and that price-tag on the side of the bucket?... it's gone!.....heh heh heh....

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.