My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of an aftermarket backhoe bucket manufacturer that makes buckets for the 260 backhoe?

i'm looking for something in the 12" - 16" bucket
i find the JD price (almost $1000 cdn) a little steep

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump.

wondering if anyone has any info on aftermarket buckets for teh 260B backhoe for a 2305 tractor...
looking for a 16" bucket equivalent... JD original pn: BLV10026

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that. A good read.

I aleady have athe 8" bucket and need a bigger one to move lots of dirt.

Te ebay seller is high on drugs. I can get the original JD one and even at list-price it's 20% less than the ebay post.

i'm looking for a deal... like 25-50% off "JD LIST"... some aftermarket brand / made in china type deal etc...

cheers!

·
22,081 Posts
Fire up the welder, Wally. The steel and teeth shouldn't cost more than C$400-500. You already have the bending brake and a sample bucket to copy from.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL!... i may just have to do that!.....

and to be honest - i can get the teeth "used"... for much less than that!

·
Administrator
17,232 Posts
LOL!... i may just have to do that!.....

and to be honest - i can get the teeth "used"... for much less than that!
After seeing the price for an implant, I asked my dentist about that and he just laughed, then politely asked me to leave.:tango_face_devil::tango_face_devil:
MikeC

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea - i just bought a new 16" bucket from JD after the price dropped from $1000 to $700 tax-in.
Still waaaaay too expensive for what it is - but after I got a quote for $500+ for a "custom fab" one, I decided to stick with the real deal.
Could have made it myself, but was a bit short of time this summer - too many other projects already in the hopper.....

I was surprised how well the bucket was digging in. I expected to be short on digging-in power, but was pleasantly surprised. I was digging mixed soil, sand, rocks, and wet clay.....

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
now now.... i just needed to download them off my phone....patience please....

The project was a pond shore-line restoration, deepening of the edge, and installation of a new swale for overflow.

Moved about 20 yards of soil in total this way.... about 150feet of shoreline.... and that price-tag on the side of the bucket?... it's gone!.....heh heh heh....

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,232 Posts
Nice. Now do you think a grapple is in the future?
MikeC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts