My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read that most people that have the Gator blades like them but I haven't seen if a person needs to also buy a cover that goes over the discharge chute, like for standard mulch kits. I saw three Gator blades on eBay for $50 brand new the other day for a 54C. Is this a good price?
Anyone else running Gators on a JD 2305 54C? What is/are your opinion(s)?
Finally, any advice on whether or not to eventually get a rear powerflow bagger? I hear that at 3 bag setup is about $1700 brand new.
Thanks.:fing32:

·
9K+ Poster
12,164 Posts
Gman,

The Deere mulching kit includes baffles that plug the discharge chute and semi-isolate each blade. It is a little pricey, but you can run it with Gators (you may get a little rub as the tines groove a little in the plastic, but after that, the Gators will work just fine). :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
$50 is a good price. I paid $63 about 2yrs ago. I would check to see what the shipping costs are. I run mine on a 2210 w/a 62C deck and I can't really say that I've noticed a difference. I originally bought them to run w/the power bagger because I clogged the "power" part up with clippings. The theory was that if I made the clippings smaller they would be less prone to clogging. It did not work. As far as the bagger goes. It does a great job. Some words of caution. Travel slow and make sure to monitor how full the bags are. If they get full it will back up in to the shute and prevent the power part from turning and will burn the deck belt. $72 worth!! OUCH!!

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Gman,

The Deere mulching kit includes baffles that plug the discharge chute and semi-isolate each blade. It is a little pricey, but you can run it with Gators (you may get a little rub as the tines groove a little in the plastic, but after that, the Gators will work just fine). :)
:ditto::ditto: slkpk

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I just put a set on the z910, my dealer had the set on sale for something like $38 if I remember. I like them when side discharging, they seam to disperse the clippings better, but I like the Deere mulching blades when the mulch kit is on. I ran the gators with the bagger on yesterday, and couldn't tell any difference between them and the high lifts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anybody prefer the Deere mulching kit and blades to the Gators? Or is the difference relatively miniscule?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts