My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a JD 214 with a tiller. I am trying to figure out how to lift the tiller with the assistance of another person. I am not sure if there is a springs assist or some other type of attachment that should be with it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
I believe there was a spring assist, but not sure where it went. I had a 214 with a tiller and it seems like it had a spring on it to help.

Hang on to the mule drive for those (the intermediate pulleys that are between the PTO and the tiller) they are made of gold..worth as much as the tiller.

·
Super Moderator
16,798 Posts
Spring assist runs along the left side of the tractor as your looking at it from the rear. I have one my my JD 112 The sping is still avalible from Deere but the bolt on bracket is not avaliable from Deere anymore. I bought a Complete spring assist off of Ebay. But you may be able to get one from this John Deere Bone Yard. Here's a link http://www.jdlawntractor.com/ Hope this helps :thThumbsU

·
Registered
19 Posts
ditto the rear lift linkage & spring assist on the left. I just got a 216 w/ the tiller. it has a spring assist and it is very easy to lift & lower the tiller with the one left hand. you shouldn't need 2 people.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts