My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JD 210, with a snowblower on it. I am having issues with my starter not working. When I turn the key, it clicks, and the lights dim, but the starter won't work. I saw on other posts to try "jumping" the starter, but either I did it wrong, or I'm screwed.
I can't afford to take it in, so I need your help.:banghead3

·
Registered
287 Posts
My tractor was doing the same thing and it turned out to be the ignition switch, so I jiggled the key and it works perfect now. Try this first

·
Super Moderator
39,370 Posts
Ok, sounds to me like a weak battery, which tend to manifest themselves in the winter anyways. I just replaced mine on the 322 for the same reason! If not a weak battery it may be that the bendix on the starter is not working. I always put a few drops of oil on the bendix shaft after a wash and when using in below freezing weather. Takes just a second or two!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, it was a bad starter. I just finally replaced it, and now I'm back in business. Too bad for my brother-in-law that stored his Ahrens tractor in my garage, since it had the same engine, and starter. Lol.

Thanks everyone for your help

1 - 13 of 13 Posts