My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Off of the top of my head, I'm thinking bad solenoid or bad starter motor, but "many wires were very hot" is confusing. The 210 has 3 wiring diagrams based on the serial number of thee tractor. Please post your serial number. Here's something you can try:
One post on your solenoid should have 3 wires on it, a large black going to the battery, a small red going to your tractor wiring, and a small purple wire that sends power to the solenoid. Remove the purple wire and tape end to be sure it can't touch any metal parts. Next, turn key to "On" (or "Run") for a minute or 2 and see if anything smokes or gets hot. If OK, turn key to "Start" and hold while again looking for smoke. If no smoke or hot wires, solenoid or starter motor issue. Do these checks and report back with results. I've attached the wiring diagrams, but have a question: Do you have a meter and are you familiar with how to use it? Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
OK, so your tractor should be wired as shown in 2nd diagram for 70,001-190,000. The checks I called out will still work. Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts