My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
-
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from the obvious location on the pillar tag by the key, is the serial number located anywhere else on my JD 214? The reason I ask is that the pillar tag is missing. (I know it's not stolen -- bought it from the family that bought it originally and there's no way the old man was lying to me.) :)

Thanks,
Brent

·
Super Moderator
33,673 Posts
If you know where he bought it from you might (it's a long shot) be able to get the original number from the dealer and then order a replacement tag. Good Luck!

·
-
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I tried but the gentleman I bought it from got it from his father, who bought it new and has since passed away. Not sure where or when it was purchased. SOL?

·
Certified Master Tinkerer
3,045 Posts
Probably. You may be able to narrow the year possibilities by the engine S/N. Other members and I can pull ours and you may be able to get an idea of the engine production date assuming your engine is original which sounds probable given the ownership history.

·
-
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where is the engine SN located? I didn't start removing side panels or anything, but the only tag with numbers that I could see had the model (K321AQS) and spec (60138d).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts