My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased a used 1600 turbo lawn tractor. It runs fine, drives fine, but as soon as the blades engage it's like it can't handle the load. I've tried cutting thin, dry grass and the engine sounds like it's under huge stress. We've tried testing the turbo and that appears to be working. But honestly we've never been able to engage the turbo because the whole machine dies whenever you try to cut anything. Just changed the hydraulic filter, it has plenty of fluid, changed the fuel filter and oil filter. We even took of the belt for the main deck and it still can't handle the load. Anybody out there got any ideas?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Welcome to MTF
My guess would be inj pump isn't timed correctly or fuel &/or air flow is restricted. Is fuel tank venting IE operate engine with a shop towel covering fuel tank neck to keep trash from entering tank to determine if engine operates better. It's possible fuel lift pump has failed.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
There is a screen on the pickup tube in the tank. Be sure to pull it out of the tank and clean it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks it was indeed the filter on the inside of the tank. Thing was so clogged I'm surprised it ran at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts