My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi !

It's me again needing installation instructions again. This time it's for the snow blower attachment. Got the mower deck off but I don't know where to begin installing the snowblower since last year I took it in to be installed. :thanku::thanku::thanku:

·
Too young to act this old
1,034 Posts
I will submit to keep this at the top. I would say first get the machine up to the blower so you can get it on the chassis. Then lift rod and draft bars. Thirdly the mule drive and belt.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
OH Lord! I'm going to do the same next week. There were a few threads on it last Fall.
Lets see what help you get first if none I'll post after I remember and install it on Nephews.
Better to have 2 people when you start.
One tip if you have the lift assist bracket for the mower, it has to come off ( dangerous use a pry bar !!)
Do you know any "cuss" words ?? They help a lot !!

·
Certified Master Tinkerer
3,045 Posts
From what I remember (since the snowblower never comes off the 180):

Remove the mower deck, lift assist spring and lift assist spring bracket.
Mount the blower unit to the front of the tractor. Big PITA to do yourself but put a 2x4 (or two) under the blower mount to hold it at the right level and roll the tractor up to it to engage the blower pins in the frame mounts.
Mount the draft bars to the front through the mounting points and then install on the mid frame mounts
Mount the mule drive, route the belt and install the tensioner spring and rod on the mule drive
Adjust the belt tension
Attach the lift rod to the blower and lift arm and you should be close to done.
There may be a few other small steps but that's the general order.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts