My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke to my brother in law this evening and he said his boss is selling his JD155 (2004) because it never gets used. It is in mint shape with hardly any hours. I have read that some of the lower JD's have tranny problems. The price seems pretty good to me ($800) considering the low hours and shape of the mower, but would hate to spend money on a mower and then lose the tranny. Any advice? I'd be using it to mow about 1.5 acres that are relatively flat.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Is this and LT155 or an LA155?I ask because there is a difference in quality.Although both were made for the lower end of the Deere market,The LT155 is a step above the LA.The LT155 had a Kohler engine that seems to run forever in my experience.The LA155 has the Briggs engine which can be a nightmare.If its an LA series,I wouldnt pay over $500 for it,but $800 sounds reasonable for the LT155 if its in good shape.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got confirmation that it is an LT. My BIL isn't sure of the hours, but thinks it has around 20 on it, so I'm going to buy it and hope it lasts for a long time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've got an LT155, also 9 years old, 368 hours of happy use.

At 300 hours I changed the tranny oil. No tranny issues as yet.

I've replaced the belts.

Aside from that, any other repairs were due to my own negligence.

The 15hp Kohler has been flawless.

If it really only has 20 hours on it, I'd grab it for $800!!!!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I just sold my LT155 with blade, bagger, and steel 7 cart for $1700.
I think $800 is a very good price! That Kohler is awesome!!!

·
Professor of makin stuff
1,726 Posts
had a jd lt155 with the freedom 42 muching deck did an awsome job on mowing wouldnt use it for much else than mowing and ull be good to go it isnt a heavy hauler or snow mover but does a most excellent job on residential mowing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts