My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking to trade the 140 i got recently for something else. The 140 i got is in nice shape does have a leak somewhere in the rear end where exactly im not sure i knew this when i purchased it. I have bought a new muffler for it 120.00 new air filter new plug and 5 quarts of the JD hydro fluid along with a filter that i still have not used. All in all its a nice machine the kid i bought it from hand painted with with some jd green recently the hood has some cracking up towards the front which i guess is where they always take the abuse. She starts right up and runs but i have not run her much due to the leak. reason for wanting to get rid of is i have 2 chevy c-10's one a 69 and another i just bought a 71 and im being unrealistic thinking i can do everything. I have a 160 currently that i use but im selling to a friend. really im open to all older Jd's long as its in good mech order. I paid 450 for the tractor and have close too another 200 into with the parts and stuff i have bought so far. I also bought new tail lights (didnt need them) and new hydro handles cause i was missing the third one. I would really like a good running 210 or 212 but again i am open too all offers. Ill even trade down if you can include some cash to even out the trade. thanks

Edit i am new to the forum could find a for sales section so sorry in advance if im posting in the wrong area plus im on my lunch break so in bit of a rush. Thanks

Also there is a new JD seat on the tractor as well.

Attachments

• 17.6 KB Views: 435

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
just for haha's (ive already sold this) but would you have traded for a 1965 110 round fender with the hydraulic lift?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if it ran problem free then yea most likely. but since you have already sold it would it be better i say no i wouldnt? lol

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
HMM $650 for that is a pretty good deal IMO :fing32: The hydro leak could end up being something really simple but I completely understand not having time to look into it. You should find the year of the 140 too that would help it sell. If you put up the serial number we can tell you what it is or go to www.weekendfreedommachines.com to look it up for yourself. I sure do wish I had a 200 series to trade you someone will snatch this up quick. If you PM a mod I'm sure they can move this to the for sale forum for you :fing32:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
If you wasnt all the way east of me I would see if you would be interested in a 1978 John Deere300 model. It has duel hyd up front and indendepent brakes on the back. Plus the motor has been rebuilt from the ground up. Its the one in my signature.... Ole well hope you find someone closer thats willing to swap ya.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea to bad your not closer Kansas i would be plenty happy with a machine like that. I am on the south shore of mass. joe

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea if thats the case all the better for the new owner. i just realistically cant juggle all my projects and my fear is letting it sit and then winter coming and it sitting all winter as well. i will def look tomorrow and see what the serial # is and snap a picture too. Thanks!

HMM $650 for that is a pretty good deal IMO :fing32: The hydro leak could end up being something really simple but I completely understand not having time to look into it. You should find the year of the 140 too that would help it sell. If you put up the serial number we can tell you what it is or go to www.weekendfreedommachines.com to look it up for yourself. I sure do wish I had a 200 series to trade you someone will snatch this up quick. If you PM a mod I'm sure they can move this to the for sale forum for you :fing32:

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,954 Posts
Geez, Joe, THAT was a quick bout of the JD fever! But at least you're not TOTALLY over it! :) I only feel the fever bad when I read posts where someone WAY far away from me is parting with a tractor I would REALLY like but know I can't realistically HAVE even though it would be an awesome machine to play with.... Gotta go take some aspirin now.... and drive through the dealers' lot in the morning...

:)

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
I only feel the fever bad when I read posts where someone WAY far away from me is parting with a tractor I would REALLY like but know I can't realistically HAVE even though it would be an awesome machine to play with....
Ain't that the truth. Just like when Hugh had his 110 for sale I thought to myself thank goodness you are far enough away that I am not tempted or I'd be living in the shed with the tractors :biglaugh:

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,225 Posts
Joe, I hate to say it, but I don't think that is an H3? I only see one hydro lever on the left side of the tractor? Any luck on the serial number and more pictures so we can see it up close?

·
Premium Member
9,955 Posts
Glockem, I do believe you're right. Looks like H1 hydraulics when I enlarge the picture.

·
MTF Junior Poster Esq.
7,644 Posts
Definately looks like an H1. That is a deal breaker. An H1 with a hydro leak is maxed out before $650 around here. Sorry it WOULD part for that much though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no theres 2 levers. It is missing the third but i bought a set of three off of ebay as i stated previously. have the serial up in a bit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol tell me about it! fevers still here. just trying to be a lil more realistic with my time and money now. If i was rich id have 3 or 4 of these tractors along with a warehouse full of other toys..but im not that lucky so till i hit the lottery some toys have gotta go ya know..

Geez, Joe, THAT was a quick bout of the JD fever! But at least you're not TOTALLY over it! :) I only feel the fever bad when I read posts where someone WAY far away from me is parting with a tractor I would REALLY like but know I can't realistically HAVE even though it would be an awesome machine to play with.... Gotta go take some aspirin now.... and drive through the dealers' lot in the morning...

:)

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,225 Posts
no theres 2 levers. It is missing the third but i bought a set of three off of ebay as i stated previously. have the serial up in a bit.
I still only see one lever. That serial number, assuming this is an H3, makes this a 1968 model

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Model: 140
Typecode: T0586
Serial Number: 6301
Model Year: 1968
Engine Model and Size: K301 Kohler 12HP
Lift Type: Hydraulic 3 Lever
Paint: Green
Manufactured Location: Horicon, WI

1 - 20 of 62 Posts