My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1989 Model 265
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am almost finished restoring a 265 and I spotted this locally -- I know nothing about the 140, but the green fever is starting to kick in!
No deck or attachments, but any comments on the price (I assume I can get a discount from the asking price).
What's the history behind this model and are they worth restoring?

Thanx in advance.

chris

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Chris, although your fellow Cannucks are always lamenting the high prices up there, I really think the asking price is high. This is not the more desireable H3 model (3 spool hydraulics), it's very rough, and it has no deck.

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
Like D-Dogg says I'd keep looking unless you can get a good deal. It isn't that big of a deal to covert to H3 but I've seen nicer 140 H1s go for not much more. The 140 is a good tractor and worth restoring you can read up on them at www.weekendfreedommachines.com :fing32:

·
1989 Model 265
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How can you guys tell it's an H1? I thought b/c it's a '74 it might be an H3?

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
H1 refers to one spool of hydraulics, H3 to 3. Your ad has one hydraulic control lever, therefore it is an H1.

·
Super Moderator
32,625 Posts
I'd offer them $250 and see if they'd take it. It is an H-1, needs some definite cosmetic work, but if it runs then it'd be worth that!

·
GramPa
1,043 Posts
In my neck of the woods that is a $100 to free lawn mower.

I am almost finished restoring a 265 and I spotted this locally -- I know nothing about the 140, but the green fever is starting to kick in!
No deck or attachments, but any comments on the price (I assume I can get a discount from the asking price).
What's the history behind this model and are they worth restoring?

Thanx in advance.

chris

·
1989 Model 265
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seller is slowly reducing the price -- now $375.

Before I make an offer, what would be involved to "convert" it to an H3?

Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts