My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any body know if the engine on these have a cast iron liner? The seller doesnt know if its an I/c engine. I assume its splash lubricated. It is a 11 horse power briggs on it. I found one for sale it the guy is asking 150 for it. He said a bearing is out on the deck which i could replace. otherwise it runs fine. might look at it this evening. It has a 5 speed tranny in it. The tires are also fairly in new shape. the deck has 2 blades on it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I did get the machine. It runs okay. Here the guy pit on a child proof locking cap which was on the fuel tank and since it wasn't vented, it wouldn't run for very long when I tried it out. I didn't realize it at the time, but i took off the fuel cap and after that when it fired up and ran for a about until it sucked the carburetor bowl dry and then it wouldn't restart. lmao. So I offered the the guy 100.00 for it and here it is.

I have a question on the carburetor. What are the mixture settings supposed to be at? I read some where that the main one underneath the float bowl is 1 1/4 turns. What is the other one on top supposed to be at? It would idle good at around 2 1/2 turns out or so. It is has an 11 horse power [email protected] aluminum bore ,vertical shaft engine which runs great so far. I put in a an almost new spark plug and it was hard to get a color reading on it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I also had to get a replacement spindle shaft and a couple of bearings for the deck. cant wait to cut with it, woohoo

·
close enuff works for me
3,120 Posts
on the carberator 1 1/4 turns is a ball park number to get the engine running, you then fine tune it by adjusting until it runs right . if it's too rich it runs rough, or too lean it runs rough, set it half way between....Back when cars had carbs. this was standard knowledge........:fing32:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I haven't got the replacement spindle for it yet, but I put on a badly needed fuel line. And I found a decent fuel cap from a junk engine, painted it black,then stuck it on. I also pulled off the head and cleaned some of the carbon off. Also put on a new dipstick oil seal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts