My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mmmm Hmmm, Alright then
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Jason and I live in South Eastern PA. I work at a desk but am very much mechanically inclined (IMO). I restore (mechanically and sometimes cosmetically) antique outboard boat motors for fun. I generally just like to take anything mechanical that has been deemed dead by the mechanically disinclined and bring it back to life. I will help out and answer questions as much as I can and have the expertise to do so.

I am eager to discuss my new to me (well my father) 1987 JD 316 with 50” deck. We bought it (with a few issues) to replace his insufficient Craftsman. He has 3 acres of healthy grass. I have always wanted to see what all the hype was about :D

:greendr: :trink39:

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help
Be sure to Register for Your State!

·
Super Moderator
35,797 Posts
Well you've come to the right place to get some answers on the issues you're having, so welcome to the forum. You will find that pictures are worth a thousand words so include them when discussing problems issues!

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
:MTF_wel2:This place has more info than you will need. And a few opinions that you will surely get a kick out of. I just bought a 318 also, SN 424430. How close are we.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
:Welcome: I'm sure you'll get addicted like most of us here :) I started out with a 1050 Bolens and now have 2 JD's a 212 that I love and just got a 316 like yours so we can learn this machine together. post pics and be sure to ask a lot of questions LOL. please post some of those old motors too !

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
:MTF_wel: from another PA guy that owns a couple 316s :fing32:

·
Registered
289 Posts
South Eastern guy here too...Lancaster county!
Welcome to MTF!!!

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
We're in lovely Hershey Pennsyltucky :fing32:

·
Registered
618 Posts
:MTF_wel: Jason

I too am yet another Pa. owner of a 1986 316 with a 50" deck that I am pretty much completely redoing.

Greg

·
John Deere 316 Onan
875 Posts
Welcome!

Yet another PA 316 owner, I'm near Hershey.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts