My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really sure where to post this,but i picked it up a couple years ago...clearing out the garage recently,i dragged it home...(to clarify,my garage is rented for storage and 20 miles from home,cant afford it anymore,so i gotta clear it out)...

thought this was cute,so i grabbed it...kinda forgot i had it

SANY0013.jpg

SANY0014.jpg

SANY0016.jpg

SANY0015.jpg

its a Jacobsen Trim-O mower,age unknown,2-1/4 hp two-stroke,got about an 8-inch blade on it...carb is gummed up and i havent really messed with it,except to flush the tank and line when i first got it,got most the gunk outta there,then parked it and buried it under more junk

·
Registered
409 Posts
hmm...looks pretty rare?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
could be...i searched google when i got it and found only 1 pic,the size of a postage stamp...never seen another mower like it

·
Premium Member
7,197 Posts
Here is a site where you can date what year it is via your serial number. http://hmfind.com/JAC/JacobsenSerialNumberFinder.aspx

If you have any trouble getting it going, post up or send me a pm and I'll do my best to give you some pointers on getting it going.

Fuel mixture should be 16:1 (unless otherwise stated somewhere on the machine) mixed with sae 30 weight non detergent oil.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Looks to be about the same vintage as my Jacobson lawnmower. Same engine and the same Jacobson Power Tools tag on the handle.

·
Junk collector
632 Posts
Wow, so thats the grandpa of today's wheeled weedeaters. I would like to see what some of the first handheld weedeaters look like.

·
4K Poster!!!
4,504 Posts
Wow, so thats the grandpa of today's wheeled weedeaters. I would like to see what some of the first handheld weedeaters look like.
We had one when I was a kid. Just an electric motor with a metal blade. It worked okay, but the blade got dull fast, and it did a job on siding and fence posts. It was a big improvement when they went to string trimmers.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a site where you can date what year it is via your serial number. http://hmfind.com/JAC/JacobsenSerialNumberFinder.aspx

that was easy...ser# 86A 4342 = model year 1962...

gonna pull the carb when i get a chance...i did clean a lot of gunk out of the tank and lines...enough to get fuel flowing...i havent tried feeding the cylinder yet...so many other projects ... how far can i get into the carb without needing a kit...im broke and out of work with an injury,so maybe i can swing a can of gumout,but cant start buying parts right now...

meanwhile...open to offers on this gem,as well as all my other treasures...

·
Self-Declared Mechanic
254 Posts
how much are you looking to get for it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts