My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
HAMMAN
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looked at a Jac Super Chief 1200 with Hydro drive. It has Snow Blower, Mower deck (cast alum.), and front blade. Looks and runs good for $200.00. It is stuck in Reverse. Am I looking at a big deal to fix this problem or not. I am buying the tractor but would like to know if this is a big problem or something simple. The serial # is 5324 5860. Would like to know the year if possible. Used to wrench on this stuff over 30 years ago. Hope I still know how.
Thanks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a 1450 hydro super chief. The forward-reverse lever is actuating a valve on the hydro pump. Stuck in reverse might mean the linkage is disconnected or there's something amiss in the transmission. For what it's worth, I disassembled the rear differential and hydro unit on mine (and got it back together) without any great difficulty; they're pretty simple. Your model year is around 1970, I think.

·
MTF Member
156 Posts
I would snap that right up! That's a good price for all that equip.

I've had my 1450 Super Chief do that and the linkage was off. It is a ball and socket type linkage and the ball popped out of the socket - easy fix.
Unless you run these units dry they are pretty much bullet proof and like
ING3018 said they aren't that hard to pull apart. I rebuilt one and had no problems.

The serial # you gave is missing a number. It should read like:
53024 5860

·
Registered
641 Posts
Buy it! I just got an old White, but doesn't need much work on it. I'm looking for a blade and pictures, manuals for same. Any chance you could send pix of your blade and mounts to me? [email protected] works for me. I realize this is an older posting, hope you see this. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts