My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
my rotary jacobsen was saved today as a B&S quantum off a brand new never run pressure washer motor was sitting on a mower shop floor for $50! so out of curiosity i bought the motor and have it ready to be bolted up to the deck tomorrow.but there's a question.how hard are good pressure washer motors to come by? i may want to stock up on a few in case i get more into other mowers and some may be pre comp.when this project is done,it will show up in the frank mower section.

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok the crank shaft is too long for the motor i put on this mower,whats a way to jack the motor up so it will work for a long time?

·
Lawn-Boy fan
256 Posts
When you say, "how hard are good pressure washer motors to come by?" do you mean the engine or the pump? The engine is just a plain (usually horizontal shaft) engine. The pump you can buy out of mail order catalogs....Northern, etc.

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you say, "how hard are good pressure washer motors to come by?" do you mean the engine or the pump? The engine is just a plain (usually horizontal shaft) engine. The pump you can buy out of mail order catalogs....Northern, etc.
i meant the engine because they have no saftey systems on them unlike a zone start mower.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts