My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how well made/heavy duty the Jackson trailer cart #100 was? How do they compare to say older Deere 80s and the newer Deere 10/13 carts. Thanks

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
It looks Exactly like an Ohio Steel one I had only painted red instead of black. Agrifab also used the same kind of tailgate. Roger

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I've got one, not sure if mine is the 100 model though, looks the same size. I believe mine was bought with the Sears SS12 that my wife's uncle bought new in '68. I replaced the tires/wheels do to rot and I will have to replace the floor soon as its got rust holes from sitting for many years outside.
Here's a pic of mine in action, that drum weighs about 350#, did fine.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Tahoe, yours looks the same, maybe a bit longer?? How rugged is that cart? I'm not sure what the guage is, but the new Ohio Steel carts don't look like they would take much of a beating for long.

·
kccraftswoman
680 Posts
Hi All:howdy:, When i was younger i had the shorter version of your cart(didn't have the "V: sections to the axle. the axle was on the bottom of the trailer. It didn't dump worth beans but was great when i would go pick up mowers off the curb.No ramp needed.I wish i had your cart back then instead Again nice cart. Tootles .:050::050::bellyemot:bellyemot:050::050:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Tahoe, yours looks the same, maybe a bit longer?? How rugged is that cart? I'm not sure what the guage is, but the new Ohio Steel carts don't look like they would take much of a beating for long.
It's asked to do what I needed. Like I stated, that drum weighs close to
350#. As long as tires are aired up, does pretty well. Can be hard to dump though with a full load, the front can be heavy. I had to build a hitch for my
3pt though, they curve of the tongue hit my lower arms if I hooked to plate of tractor, but that's my specific issue, not the trailers. Like any trailer with the slide over gate, without the gate, the sides will pucker out some if you load it too much. I'll try to remember tonight to see what the model # is if I can read it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had one of those - not sure of brand - but looked exactly like the red one in the picture... same tailgate and all.

I beat the heck out of that thing for several years. Never could quite kill it. I hauled TONS of sand in it, rocks, gravel, manure, you name it. I got my money's worth out of it several times over.

The only mods I did to mine were to put a piece of 1/2" plywood down for a floor, and to weld it in select places rather than relying on just the bolts.

Just bought another cart this weekend after being without mower/cart for the past 6 years (I was renting – just bought a house again, finally). Anyway – got a Harbor Freight cart this time. Seems sturdy, but I will have to work on the rear gate… I liked the design of the previous one a LOT better. This one looks like it will not work very well when dumping full loads.

·
What did you say ?
582 Posts
Looks a lot like the 2nd hand dump wagon I have.

Box is maybe identical but the running gear looks a bit diff. No clue on the brand. I have been hauling 3/4 full loads of pond sludge with no problems other then a dead tire. Seems to be a good match between the box and running gear for strength.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts