My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all.

Bought a 1978 Sears GT/14 varidrive not too long ago, and heard this was the place to be for older tractors.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
:MTF_wel2:Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help
Be sure to Register for Your State!

·
Tractor addict
2,857 Posts
You heard right! we have many members that have many many answers! But than you got kids like me that are here for more questions than answer....

Welcome to MTF J.Gibson I hope you enjoy it here, I know I have for the past year and I will continue to enjoy it for more years to come.

:MTF_wel2::MTF_wel2::fing32:

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
You heard right! we have many members that have many many answers! But than you got kids like me that are here for more questions than answer....

Welcome to MTF J.Gibson I hope you enjoy it here, I know I have for the past year and I will continue to enjoy it for more years to come.

:MTF_wel2::MTF_wel2::fing32:
For being 14 I am full of knowledge. I can help with a few things. I do have questions though. Id be happy to help.
I have 2 craftsman/sears tractors. One is a GT6000, and one is a 1966 suburban 12.
I gots both ends of the spectrum. lol

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hello all.

Bought a 1978 Sears GT/14 varidrive not too long ago, and heard this was the place to be for older tractors.
Hey, J.Gibson, welcome to MTF!:MTF_wel2:

Lots of folks here have lots of knowledge and would be very happy to help. My tractor is just four years younger than yours, but I've been all thru the Varidrive issues and might be able to help if you run into those.

·
Rustyj
260 Posts
Hello, Josh Gibson! I too am from W. Pa., near Pittsburgh. I work on lawn mowers and lawn tractors, and other things. If you need any information on where to buy parts, etc., feel free to contact me here. I check in frequently.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello, Josh Gibson! I too am from W. Pa., near Pittsburgh. I work on lawn mowers and lawn tractors, and other things. If you need any information on where to buy parts, etc., feel free to contact me here. I check in frequently.
Actually, it's Jeff, but thank you all for the welcomes.

Still a gem in the rough, but mechanically it's sound as a swiss watch, aside from a few drips. This is how it was when I picked it up, few dings in the sheet metal, and someone did a shi.. well, lets say a poor job repainting it. Has nice homemade wheel weights though. It also came with a snow blower, $300.00 for the whole package.

I also have a couple old Gilsons, red one is actually a Wards Gilson that's used daily, blue one is one of those someday projects.

and last but not least, a cub 106. Another someday project.

·
Super Moderator
35,770 Posts
Jeff, where you at in Western PA? I'm up in Titusville. I'd swear I've seen those mowers along Route 8 somewhere! Looks like you've got some of your future pretty well figured out!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jeff, where you at in Western PA? I'm up in Titusville. I'd swear I've seen those mowers along Route 8 somewhere! Looks like you've got some of your future pretty well figured out!
From Chicora, just outside of Butler, the Sears came from Titusville.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hello Jeff, welcome to MTF. I grew up just the other side of Butler, in Meridian.
I had a Wards like that, but 16hp. I wish I never sold it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
good to see someone else here from western Pa. i'm in Indiana County about 10 miles south of Indiana, Pa and have a few Craftsmans i tinker with on a regular basis.
I can't remember the handle but there also a member here from Latrobe, Pa.
i think it had Harley in it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
welcome Jeff, lots of fellow Sears/craftsman owners here on MTF and in W PA.
I'm from the New Castle area, with a GT6000, craftsman 10/36, simplicity tiller and numerous other play things. Don't hesitate to ask questions, answer some when the mood strikes, but above all have fun with your hobby

Roosamaster:trink39:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts