My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Deceased, April 2015
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me "sweet spot" is a combination of simplicity, lightness, reliability, and power. I recently acquired a great condition deck for a 7268 from Lovemysan. I was trying to get an F engine together for it but I need a piston and rings and nobody in KC has one in stock so......I realized that the 7268 is, for all practical purposes the 21 inch version of the 5247. So..the 5247 donated its motor on Wednesday and a 7268 was born.

It seems that the F from the 5247 runs smoother swinging a 21 inch blade than swinging a 19. Has anyone else noticed this? Anyway, power, lightness, one prime one pull starting, you couldn't ask for a better mower. The motor that I'm building will probably go back onto the 5247 when it's together.

Lastly, I know that this isn't the place, but I have a VGC 6430 for sale for $75 if anyone's interested. Look in the ebay/craigslist section for a link.

Have a good weekend gents,

Charlie

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,131 Posts
Yeah I have noticed that the 21 inchers run a bit smoother also, more rotating mass I suppose. When under a load though the 19 inchers kick butt, more torque produced with the smaller blade.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I LOVE my 7268. No cable, no capstan swing lever non-sense. Just a motor, a light deck and bliss from the engine (sound). I also have a 5247. Both of them are my favorites-no matter how many I have-these will remain. The new style wheels REALLY smooth out the ride and vibrations on rough terrain. I recommend them.:fing32:

·
nothing of interest
1,025 Posts
Just mowed the back and side yards with one my sis gave me, has a 'rattle' I need to find, but sure ran well.
I also have it's lil brother ,stored, a 5247.
Edit: Maybe I should pour 2 pounds of lead in the gas tank !

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,131 Posts
Just mowed the back and side yards with one my sis gave me, has a 'rattle' I need to find, but sure ran well.
I also have it's lil brother ,stored, a 5247.
Edit: Maybe I should pour 2 pounds of lead in the gas tank !
:sidelaugh Hey Ron you should of been an engineer

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I bet the lead would cost more than the mower now.

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
I have the same LB, picked mine from a garage sale for $20. It's torn down currently, rebuilding the motor (new piston, rings, gaskets, carb kit) Needs a recoil gear and I'm going to repaint the deck. Then new wheels... Mine has the same horribly faded tank too :( Those particular shrouds must have been some of the worst about fading/discoloring from the fuel in the tank.

GTP, love the tread wheels! Those would be a great find, but I'm not having much luck on used ones on eBay!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts