My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just picked up a Gravely Pro - 1548G 48" commercial walk-behind yesterday. And today i thought I would go test it out and mow my yard, well the first thing I noticed is that the reverse seems messed up, because I can't be on my Sulkie and go in reverse, I have to get off and sort of pull it, to help it go in reverse. and the bigger problem is while I was mowing I went over this tree root (that I normally go over with my rider that I have with no problems) and the belt pops off on the right side and it looks like the pulley came out to. Here are some pics:
right side where the belt came off

left side how the right side should look

Should I just take it back and have them fix it or is there a way I can fix it myself.

thanks,
Clay

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to mention that the right side is locked up and I don't even think I can get it on my trailer. Really frustrating.

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Based on your photographs, it sure looks like the pully on the right hand side has slid on the shaft.

You say that this machine is new. New as in 0.X hours on it from the dealer?

If so, I say get it back on the trailer how ever you can and have them fix it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
if its new and you have a warrenty i would make them fix it instead of messing with it . wait till after the warrenty is up before fixing it yourself

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, its got 0.4 hours on it. Alright thanks guys, now I just have to figure out how to get this thing back on the trailer.

·
Registered
413 Posts
if its new and you have a warrenty i would make them fix it instead of messing with it . wait till after the warrenty is up before fixing it yourself
+1, If you dink with it now, and screw it up more, they may not cover any future warranty work.

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
I see it's a gear model. No matter what they/you do it'll never be VG-powerfull in reverse. I had a Toro professinal WB and reverse was only assisted by pulling so with a sulky it will barely move when your weight is on it, as you know.
I'd return it too, being brand new!

MU

·
Registered
718 Posts
To be honest though, it looks like you should be able just to push the pulley back on and tighten the locking hex bolt, might have to loosen the locking hex bolt first. I'm assuming that what the hole is on the base of the pulley. It probably just wasn't tightened well by the manufacturer or the dealer. Whoever, touched it last.

But I would get the dealer to do it, if you think something else might have gotten messed up by the pulley and belt coming loose.

·
Collector of many tractors
15,270 Posts
The reverse will never work...I use one like that at work... Also watch going down a hill... It will free-wheel... I never get into a spot where I need to backup....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts