My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the new claw on yesterday, and today turned out to be a great day for the initial testing.

I worked a small corner removing some 3-400 pound stone and concrete, was able to grab an old washing machine off the side of my back hill and move it, then I moved some brush, ripped into some saplings, dug out some roots, and then lifted the 62" Kubota deck and carried it to the furthest reaches of my back yard.

My wife took a few pictures, but she didn't get the best pictures which would have been the washing machine. This washing machine was dumped over the back hill before we bought the house over 40 years ago. In that period of time the thing had become completely cover with dirt, overgrowth, and it seemed like it was there to stay. I tried twice with the 580, and once with the 580 and Kubota G2000s at the same time. I couldn't budge the thing,

Today I took my brand new X738 and the craw, drove over the crest of the hill, jammed the forks into the sheet metal, lifted it out the dirt, back gently up the hill in 4wd, and drove it to the metal man pile. I was impressed, very impressed, and knowing what work needs to be done I couldn't be more satisfied with the purchase and the performance. In one of the pictures you'll see a yellow nylon cable tied to the stump in the hook. It was left there after trying to pull the stump with my 580. It wasn't used to help the craw.

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
That's impressive; I wish I had a use for it. My dad has a lot of uses for that.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then you should buy one for your dad!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Then you should buy one for your dad!
His lawn mower isn't heavy like yours.

But been trying to get him to buy a grapple adon for his bx2200 loader.

·
Premium Member
7,357 Posts
I'm surprised no one has made any Get Smart jokes or references yet....

Not the craw, the craw!

:tango_face_wink: :tango_face_grin: :tango_face_devil:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm surprised no one has made any Get Smart jokes or references yet....

Not the craw, the craw!

:tango_face_wink: :tango_face_grin: :tango_face_devil:
Someone finally caught on.

·
Senior MTF Member
136 Posts
I would have so much fun playing around with that... ...I mean doing work with that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts