My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some nice Farmall Cub rear weights for Elvis. Today has to be record humidity. Like a goof I went out to put them on. I noticed the paint was duller than a week ago when I painted them. The weights were sweating!!! Oh well, still took a pic to show them off.:drunkie::drunkie:

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Haha, never heard of that happening before!

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Just the opposite here. We have to bale hay starting around 2:00 AM so there is dew on the windrows. Otherwise the leaves all get pounded off the stems by the baler.

We use a evaporative cooler to keep the house cool and add some humidity for comfort.

I've had the pleasure of enduring high humidity with high temperatures and didn't like it.

Mike

·
Registered
586 Posts
Down here in the south we're used to the high heat and humidity. It does have it's advantages being so hot and sticky - I got in to an elevator the other day and by the time I got off I had three good looking women stuck to me :thThumbsU:thThumbsU..............:sorry1:

·
Old Fix it Guy,Paramedic
63 Posts
At least you didn't shoot the paint when it was humid. A high humidity would effect the paint. It flash's slow, more runs and sags.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Down here in Destrehan La, about 20 miles north west of NOLA, it is HOT, real HOT. Can't do much past 0900 or until 1800 in the evening. My shop floor sweats like that at certain times of the year, it gives me He-- trying to keep my mill and lathe rust free. It cools off at night to maybe 80 degrees and hogh 90's during the day. You welcome the afternoon showers.

BUD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts