My Tractor Forum banner

ITS Alive

3K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  aardvark161 
#1 ·
Moving ever closer to completion just bonnet (hood) and wheels to do

Attachments

See less See more
#15 ·
No, I haven't seen that plate mounted on the rear before. Nor have I seen a clutch bracket mounted like yours. All of the Jacobsen and Ford friction disc clutches I have seen in the U.S. are bracketed from the bottom. May have been some regulation in shipping tractors overseas.
Also, I have always seen "screen" used on the left and right sides of the rear cowling or dash. But, a look through the original manual photos show louvered
plates similar to the vents on locker doors instead of screen.
Anyone's guess!

#16 ·
No, I haven't seen that plate mounted on the rear before. Nor have I seen a clutch bracket mounted like yours. All of the Jacobsen and Ford friction disc clutches I have seen in the U.S. are bracketed from the bottom. May have been some regulation in shipping tractors overseas.

The later Power Drive (PTO) design...say 1968+ ?... eliminated the torque arresting bracket that is mounted from bottom with the thumb or wing screw. They moved it to the top and is thin sping steel saddled over one of the fillister head housing screws. No need to loosen a screw and rotate bracket for belt mounting of front mounted accessories. You simply remove handle (which by this time is a straight tube with a knob similar to shifter and most are chromed and also eliminated the thumb screw in favor of a longitudinal tension wire), flex the plate away from retaining screw and feed belt between the housing and plate, relax spring plate and re-install handle.

#18 ·
Neil J...
Have a look in MyTractorForum's Ref. Library. Simple John has a 1200SuperChief Operator's and Parts manual available for viewing in pdf format. Wonderful stuff. Look at the Operator's/Owner's manual somewhere along pages 11 thru 18 there are several good shots of the handle,knob, retaining wire and spring plate along with the belt mounting instructions.

MTF Jacobsen manual

1200 Chief and Super Chief Owners Manual pdf

#19 ·
In reply to attorney barnabus the colur is definatly faded orange, as ive stripped and and removed all the paint can say there is def no yellow all orrange, and as for the tyre they are made by Innova and called Mug Gears size 24/8.5-12, mine has the mesh plates still have to fit those, thanks for the comments fellas

#20 ·
Zippez is bang on with the description of the clutch with the spring steel mount and the removable operating arm with the wire inside, thats exactly what i have, i do have the bonnet but needs a lot of work as its really badly pitted and the front edge has rotted through, but gonna attack it this weekend, asnd see how it turns out

#22 ·
Ive looked at many pictures ive found on the net and tried to decide which parts where what colour, also a few threads on here have mentioned colour choices like Rustolium Almond for the white as its not a bright white, and Kubota orange for the frame, i have contacted ransome and unfortunatly the true paint is no longer avaliable so i went for Kubota orange, as i stripped the bonnet i found the original Jacobsen logos so removed them carefully and found the original white paint which i presume unfaded as its never seen the sun, so i mixed some Tractol David Brown orchid white, with bright white till i got, a pretty good match imo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.