My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, that's too dramatic but I did get the Onan B43M that had about a cubic foot of nesting material under the shroud and that came attached to the world's dirtiest tractor running today.:drunkie:

I checked the points (new), got new plugs, put on a new ignition switch (thanks to Richard-tx for his parts sticky on those) and solenoid. Fix a little wiring, too. One squirt of ether and about 4 seconds and she fired right up. Even ran smoothly...:woohoo1:

Is the term "runout"? The diameter of the circle that the end of the reverse shaft was making in the air was quite a bit larger than the diameter of the shaft. Maybe the term is just "wobble".

I couldn't wiggle the shaft with my hand but it was obvious when it was running.

That's yet another strike against this transmission so the Onan is going on the former 8163B that donated it's Onan and hydraulicals to my runner. It will become an 8162T I think?

I'll be a regular pro at these engine swaps.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
I did one engine swap, my Onan out of my 24G, and right back in after lots of $$$ of work by a pro!!

After getting the rollbar back on, I treat that engine REAL good!!

That was enough for me, but, I envy seeing what you do!! :fing32:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts