My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember that "M" series I dragged home the other day that I wanted it because it had no bells and whistles? Well I awoke early this morning and tinkered with it a couple of hours, swapped the tranny out and painted the plastic with that fusion stuff and tried on some different wheels.

After the paint was dry enough to work with (20 min!!) I re assembled and mowed with it for about two solid hours. (runs great)

I'll paint the wheels orange as soon as I figure out which sets I want to keep on it.

Anyway, I just like the commercial "M" look and decided to fabricate my own to the best of my ability within my short timeferame.

This thing runs like and even sounds like a duraforce without the annoying surge. (me like)
I think I know where Toro got its foundation of ideas for the duraforce from.....

Anyway, some b4 and after pics so far, nothin special.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Looks great, turned out nice, how much bigger is the commercial tank than the regular tank on the M series, glad you fixed it up, they are great runners, had mine out today

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Very Nice. I like my commercial m.

Tim I heard someone say the commercial m series tanks are a gallon. Ive never filled mine up that much lol. But it is a big tank

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To me this engine is a cross between the Toro Suzuki two cycle and a duraforce. It amazes me that an American company was building a Japanese quality engine here in the USA. Only problem is the "M" uses a Mikuni carb made in Japan. (not really a problem, good carb actually) Anyone else think so?

I guess I've always been attracted to the "M" series mowers even if they aren't considered a "real" lawnboy by some. It mulches great, thats all that matters to me.

Neal

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
To me this engine is a cross between the Toro Suzuki two cycle and a duraforce. It amazes me that an American company was building a Japanese quality engine here in the USA. Only problem is the "M" uses a Mikuni carb made in Japan. (not really a problem, good carb actually) Anyone else think so?

I guess I've always been attracted to the "M" series mowers even if they aren't considered a "real" lawnboy by some. It mulches great, thats all that matters to me.

Neal
I agree with you Neal!:fing32:

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,766 Posts
Who cares if the franken mowers are "fake" if they have all the same components as the real deal? All you are missing is a serial number of a genuine commercial. Its not a damned 100,000 dollar or million dollar collectors item.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Who cares if the franken mowers are "fake" if they have all the same components as the real deal? All you are missing is a serial number of a genuine commercial. Its not a damned 100,000 dollar or million dollar collectors item.
I agree! Your 22261 is like the real one. If not, better as it was made up by an individual collector. Very nice machines FordTech and Neal!:fing32:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Looks pretty close to a commercial. I have never filled mine all the way but I think it's like 1 gallon or 1.5 gallons

·
4,766 Posts
Thanks... as far as I am concerned, its all in how YOU feel about YOUR equipment... I love mine! And there isnt one even the slightest bit better! IMHO :)

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Thanks... as far as I am concerned, its all in how YOU feel about YOUR equipment... I love mine! And there isnt one even the slightest bit better! IMHO :)
You have said that well! I converted an 8673 Mulch-R-Catch to an 8671 Mulch-R-Catch and I loved it! I had to sell it. It wasn't enough mower for me!

Attachments

·
4,766 Posts
One day Id like to find a 10591, but in reality I have enough mower to last me and my survivors about 150 years already.. LOL But I may just buy an older version and convert it to a commercial M with a 10591 trans and differentials with 22271 style wheels. Talk about franken mower!

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
One day Id like to find a 10591, but in reality I have enough mower to last me and my survivors about 150 years already.. LOL But I may just buy an older version and convert it to a commercial M with a 10591 trans and differentials with 22271 style wheels. Talk about franken mower!
Lol! My Toro 20482 3 speed BBC Super Recycler is like a commercial mower for me. It is very tough and gets a workout! It starts, runs, and cuts great!

·
4,766 Posts
Super Recyclers are tough to beat.

·
Administrator
21,222 Posts
Nice transformation, Neal. Looks good and sounds like it does the job very well. Enjoy!

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So why did LB use orange on the commercial models anyway? I could never get the orange wheel thing? All the other commercial mower brands I've owned never used any wild color scheme.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts