• Farmer2wife: This is Our Life

Votes: 7 12.5%
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Administrator
21,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's Contest Time at MTF!​

We've been toying with this idea for a while now and thought that this was a good time to fire up a new contest. I think that the possibilities are endless and should prove to be lots of fun. Be sure to check back often and see the new entries.

This contest is going to feature Videos/Slideshows, etc. No topic, it's up to you. Machinery, vehicles, amateur music, your home. You name it, you film it, you put it to music, you post it. The contest will run for about 2-3 weeks, then at the end, you vote on it! And just what, you may ask, is the incentive to break out the video camera or put all those snapshots thru the scanner and go to work on the computer as an amateur video producer? Well, let me tell you, the payoff will be substantial! No circa 1978 vintage Lawnboy hats on this one, I tell you! Oh, no, bigger and better things are in store. A 6 month membership in, (are you ready for this) the National Arbor Day Foundation! And exactly what does that mean? Well, not only do you get to be a supporter of the National Arbor Day Foundation, and help them do all the good things that they do (which can be found at their website if you really are that inclined to do the research and not take my word for it), but, in addition, you will receive 10, count 'em, 10 trees that closely resemble the toothpics at the checkout counter at your favorite restaurant. But they are alive and breathing, and will be a nice addition to your property, with just a small amount of TLC and occasional CPR! Your choices will include:

10 Flowering Trees
10 Colorado Blue Spruces
10 Trees Mix
10 Wild Bird Garden
10 Oak Trees
10 White Pines
10 Redbuds
10 Norway Spruces
10 Autumn Classics

Ok, so get your electronic equipment warmed up, and go to work. This will be sort of a cross between America's Funniest Videos, Extreme Makeover, American Idol, and America's Most Wanted! Most importantly, have fun and check out your fellow MTF members contributions!

The entries do not have to be actual videos. Many of the posts in this site are put together with still pictures on a program that most computers have, called "Windows Movie Maker". As far as uploading, there are several sites available, along with the well known "Youtube". There are detailed instructions on how to do that procedure in a sticky at the top of this forum, put together by Indy452. Or, if you have any questions, you could ask any of the many people that have previously posted for some pointers.

The contest starts right now. It will end on 4-30-2009. When you enter the contest, just post your production right here in this thread as a response. We will put up a Poll for voting right after the end of the contest.

Any questions? If so, just ask. But most of all, have fun and by all means, enjoy the entries!

http://www.arborday.org/index.cfm

·
In the Mud!
116 Posts
Wow! Very nice ride! :thThumbsU
Taking it to Strugis this year? :D

:)

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
Wow! Very nice ride! :thThumbsU
Taking it to Strugis this year? :D

:)
:ROF :ROF wonder how long it would take to get there @ about 3 mph? thanks for the comment.
Thanks Ken for helping me do the slides. I promise to learn to do this someday.

·
2- Stroke Lawnboy Fan!!!
559 Posts
where can i send it to ill start right away!

·
Administrator
21,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I would suggest Youtube or any other online hosting site.

Ms. Farmer2wife used a site called "slideroll". Might work depending on how you want to set it up.

Nice videos, Doc and Julie! Hope you get some good competition, tho.

·
5K Poster!!!
5,142 Posts
You don't need windows movie maker either to do this if you have a regular photobucket account you can do what is called a "remix" and create your own slideshow with music.

Neal

·
Father to Triplets + 1
1,034 Posts
Ok, in the spirit of showcasing the diversity of the members of MTF, here is my video. I'm sure some won't care for it, but I thought I would throw it out there anyway. If you watch and like it leave comment so I'll know. Thanks for watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7IVCVl4f7w

·
Registered
444 Posts
I thought I would throw it out there anyway. If you watch and like it leave comment so I'll know. Thanks for watching.
Bravo, Bravo............ Very nice, Justin.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I see lots of talent here.. From the welder guy to the guitar guy and to
anyone who knows how to make a slideshow......OUTSTANDING WORK ALL

·
Father to Triplets + 1
1,034 Posts
Thanks for leaving comments guys, sorry my webcam is so crappy. Maybe one day I'll get something better.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Audio Only: you may need to increase your volume to loud.

This is a recording of a male and female vocalist (duet) that I recorded in the middle of a warm summer night a couple of years ago. I've been trying to get a suitable recording of this for awhile so when the time comes one jumps out of bed, with Sony Mavica in hand, and enters the great outdoors wearing very little. Time is everything in some instances.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=15ew60&s=5

·
Administrator
21,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good job! Some great photos in there. Did you put that together with Windows Movie Maker, or a different program? Congratulations on a nice video.

·
Father to Triplets + 1
1,034 Posts
Nice video, and good collection of pictures, good work! I like the deere sunk to axles in the mud, don't know how they got that out.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Nice!! Liked the music also.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts