My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently made a trade of my labor and a small amount of cash for a Powerking 2418 with mower deck and snow blower. I was working on this fellows mower in his garage and noticed the rear tire of something over in the corner, completely covered with everything under the sun. I asked him what it was and he said it was a Powerking that he bought to fix up but didn't think he would ever get to it. I asked if he thought he would sell it and to make a long story as short as possible, he said he would. We struck a deal and I now have it in my shop. He told me he didn't know what was wrong with it but it wouldn't run.
After rebuilding the carb and jumpering the pto switch, it cranked and ran. The gas tank has a hole in it so I attached a temporary tank on it. I drove it this evening for the first time. My wife heard it running and came out to see and said I was grinning from ear to ear.
Tires are great, wheel weights front and rear, dual transmissions, 3 point and a new seat! I just had to say something, because I really had my doubts about even keeping it. Thanks for listening.

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Congrats Sam, sounds like you made a great deal there, maybe sometime if ya get a chance you could share a pic of it with us :fing32:.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Great story. I say those old Powerkings are cool tractors. I have a coworker who has an old '40-'50s Economy. No hood style with a rope wrap start Wisconsin engine. It is just too cool for words. Love to see those pics.

·
-
1,833 Posts
Very cool, I really like those Power Kings, on my short list of tractors to acquire.

I did the same thing when I got my 112 running for the first time. Drove it around grinning like a fool. (Wife claims I still do it when riding it around the yard)

It's a nice feeling to bring something back to life, enjoy the tractor.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A couple pics. The wet spot on the cement is water that must be in the driveline draining on the slight slope. I need a correct air cleaner for it before winter. She sure drives nice. Everything seems tight like it hasn't been used much. Maybe from sitting so long. It's running in these pics with no smoke or leaks. I'm so surprised because my luck doesn't usually run that way. I've been wanting one of these for a long time so I am one happy camper.(still grinning from ear to ear). Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Still plays with tractors
2,302 Posts
Nice tractor. A word to the wise concerning your engine. What ever you do, keep the cooling fins under the box on top of the engine clean and free of debris and grease. That engine MUST have good cooling. Do that and you should be fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts