My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
My True Colors-Red+Silver
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Wonderboy 725 back together and running again, when i found out that the tranny i just fixed the reverse gear in is locked up. It moves about an inch in either direction, and the input shaft turns freely in nuetral, but once in gear everything is locked up. Does anyone know what went wrong? The tranny did have water in it for a few days, but everything seemed free when i put it together.

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, got ti fixed. btw it is a 700, not 725.

But now i find that i lost the old drive belt. Does anyone know the belt size? Thanks, ALex

·
4K Poster!!!
4,504 Posts
Don't keep us in suspense - :Stop: - what was wrong?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Sounds like the shift fork has slipped off the shifter pin and is likely stuck in reverse. Tractor will move under power (usually reverse) when in neutral but locks up when shifted into another gear. There is a trick where you can reach through the 1/2" hole in the right side of the "shift tower" with a bent screw driver and tickle the shift fork and gear back into position .

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, the first time it was some water in the case that froze the reverse gear in place, and borken the shift fork slot on the gear. The second time it was a miss placed shim on an idler shaft that clamped the gears in place.

·
4K Poster!!!
4,504 Posts
:thanku:

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anytime. But does anyone know the drive belt size?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts