My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was helping a friend this weekend cut some trees and he asked if I still messed with old lawn equipment. When I told him yes, he drug this out of a shed and said if I didn't want it that he was hauling it to the dump. Now I have cleaned it up as it looked like someone had coated it in 90W and grass clippings. He said they quit using it when the ball broke on the bottom. Anyone else have one of these??

·
10K and Climbin!
12,355 Posts
My neigbor has a similar machine but not an Ariens. Those things handle the heavy brush and little trees well.. Do a search with: Ariens (model number) to see if there are similar machines or parts available. Check also with a Simplicity dealer for parts. :goodl:

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My neigbor has a similar machine but not an Ariens. Those things handle the heavy brush and little trees well.. Do a search with: Ariens (model number) to see if there are similar machines or parts available. Check also with a Simplicity dealer for parts. :goodl:
Already have all the manuals downloaded. It is a 946501. Not sure if I will end up keeping it or not, but at least it's out of the landfill and I'll get it to a good home! Looks like ~$40 for the ball and carb gaskets and we will be up and running.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,733 Posts
Was helping a friend this weekend cut some trees and he asked if I still messed with old lawn equipment. When I told him yes, he drug this out of a shed and said if I didn't want it that he was hauling it to the dump. Now I have cleaned it up as it looked like someone had coated it in 90W and grass clippings. He said they quit using it when the ball broke on the bottom. Anyone else have one of these??

Nope, mine isn't like that one. Mine says Gravely. :D

Attachments

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, mine isn't like that one. Mine says Gravely. :D
Yes it does... and it has the Briggs. Mine does have the crash guard though! :trink39:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I don't have one, I just want one. I like the crash guard, without it I could foresee me breaking a spark plug on something. Send it on this way when you're done with it.:thThumbsU

·
Old Iron Connoisseur
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
22" 6hp high wheel trimmer. Used mainly for fence lines and the such.

·
Back in VA!
215 Posts
i have the troy-bilt version of that. works great and i use it on the chainlink and around the house. and the rock walls.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,733 Posts
I don't have one, I just want one. I like the crash guard, without it I could foresee me breaking a spark plug on something. Send it on this way when you're done with it.:thThumbsU
They expect Gravely owners to take better care of theirs. ;):trink40:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts