35,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up on the way home yesterday from work for $25.00

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
35,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I'm going to try to modify it to mount to the 3 pt for the rear and retain the current quick pins for the front. It weighs about 50 lbs itself and it has 1/4 inch diamond plate for the bottom and sides are 1/8 in. plate steel. It is 15" w x 12" l x 15" h. I'm planning on making a removeable concrete block for in it so I can use the "bucket" in the summer to carry things!

·
Super Moderator
35,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
D-Dogg, you can move this to parts and accessories, I should have thought about that before posting!

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
I'll have to ask one of this forums moderators - I don't have the ability here.

It's up to you really. It's for a JD GT, and we post blades, weight brackets, bumpers, etc. in here.

·
Super Moderator
35,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Makes no difference to me! But I've seen some moved before so it's not a problem if it's moved!

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Great find. A little sanding and some paint it will look like new again. slkpk

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
Nice find!

·
Super Moderator
35,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guy had it in his front yard with a plow for an LX series and a rear bagging system. I was amazed it hadn't sold for a couple of weeks so I thought I'd ask. Couldn't believe the price! I agree Snotrocket, the steel alone right now would be at least that price!

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
looks like the mounting system is well designed. what do you think the capacity is?

·
Super Moderator
35,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm thinking that it should be around about 150 lbs. The right pin is bent just a little so I'll have to straighten it! It should fit on the front of the 318 into the pinholes. I have my blade on right now so I didn't have a chance to test it.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
are you going to beef it up at all?

·
Super Moderator
35,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, going to set it up for the 3 pt. for the rear. I'm thinking about creating some type of stacking interlocking cement blocks for on/in it so I can vary the weight. I'd like to get about 200 lbs on the back. That, wheel weights,loaded tires and a cab ought to do the trick!

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
upon looking at the pics again, the arms that hitch up look somewhat flimsy. will you add a heavier stock to it?

·
Super Moderator
35,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't expect to put much in it if I front mount it. I'll probably try them out the way they. Since it weighs about 50 I think I'd only use about another 50 lbs up front if I ever get a rear ground engaging implement! If I need more I have a front weight bracket that'll hold 7 suitcase weights!

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
sounds like all the bases are covered!

·
the "AWOL member"
4,954 Posts
Nice weight box! You certainly got a good price.:thThumbsU

·
Super Moderator
35,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cut the arms off the box, going to drill two holes in the sides and put Cat 0 pins and have the neighbor weld up the top pin location for me. That should let me use it this winter, I want to fill it and hang 4 suitcase weights off the back! I think about 400 lbs with the weights if I can find some steel to fill the box, if not it's going to get concrete in it which should give me about 300 with the weights.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts