My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm very green with both tractors and forums so forgive me if I go wrong. I have been pointed here so here is my question.
Last year I, with my wife and kids, bought an old farmhouse, with outbuildings and a small parcel of land (just under an hectare) in rural France. We intend to make a gite complex (a kind of holiday cottage complex for the uninitiated).
So, I bought a ride on lawn mower and quickly realised I needed a vehicle with more options, a lot more!
I need something that will sort out the field that was used to grow corn, which was harvested, then left. Now has corn stubble and 6' weeds on.
I need something that will cut grass, dig out tree stumps, maybe trim hedges, roller our proposed pea shingle parking area, and move mounds of soil and any other spoil.
I would also like a log splitter.
I have been offered an Iseki TX1300 of what I feel is a reasonable price.
So, I suppose my questions are:
Should I plough the field then rotovate? I would like to have the field laid to lawn ultimately.
Therefore, will this tractor, being that it is, being a minimum of 38 years old, be able to take a plough, a rotovator, a backhoe, it has no front loader so can I attach a front loader, it has a grass cutter, a log splitter and an hedge trimmer? Will grateful accept any advice as I'm sure you must realise by now I am brand new to this, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
37,121 Posts
So, for everyone 1 hectacre is approximately 2.5 US acres. Lost in France I would do a very thorough inspection of the TX1300 to ensure engine is good, brakes, clutch and all fluids are good. Exercise the PTO and make sure that the 3 point hitch can lift a good weight without any leaks and holds position when lifted. Here is a site to help you determine what specifications it has.

TractorData.com Iseki TX1300 tractor information

The PTO is 540 rpm so most rear implement rated for that category lift (zero) should work. In my opinion if everything is operating normally you should be capable of handling the hectacre with the TX1300. One think to think about is repairs so you may want to check on parts availability as a lot of companies drop parts for older tractors so fixing them becomes it's own adventure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PA318guy, that is fantastic advice. Thank you very much indeed. Being a general builder I have been on a massive learning curve recently but it is my full intention to learn everything I can about maintaining the tractor. I will pass on your thoughts and get the answers from my mechanic.
Can't thank you enough, LiF

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Personally if it has no front loader I would pass on it. A tractor with no front loader is about half a tractor IMO. Putting one on will cost more than the tractor

·
Registered
11 Posts
TractorData.com Iseki TX1300 tractor information

Iseki made alot of small tractors for Massey Ferguson, you can look up MF tractors on this site, find similar Massey tractors in this HP range and it list who made the tractor (all major tractor brands has their small tractors made overseas starting in 1980s). I had a 1300 and sold it to buy a ts1900, I still use the same implements from the 1300.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts