My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
15,000 +posts!
20,413 Posts
Cant tell for sure,looks to be a Suburban..my video card is crap on my computer and its a lousy photo on the ad,but seeing the tractor has 12" tires and resembles a Suburban,and not many other Sears tractors had a 3 point setup,I'd guess thats what it is..500 bucks is a bit high IMO,but might be a bargain in some areas ..here ,500 bucks dont buy much any more,when it comes to "old iron" in good shape..

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
I'd say the disc and cultivator and weights are worth at least $200. If the tractor will not start for you due to the lack of a battery, then my personal $150 max for non-running equipment rule would apply. If the dude wants to sell it, he needs to be able to start it for you.

I believe I would try an offer of $350 if the mowing deck and tractor are sound.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
That's definitley not a Suburban. Looks like an 80's model Craftsman. I'd ask the seller for better pictures. I'd be interested to see the hitch/mount set up for those attatchments. The rear tiller looks exactly like what I have on my 1971 SS/14.

$500 seems a bit high. Tractor looks a bit rough. I'd offer him around $350 tops.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Joe, isn't the SS/14 the one Sears had a FEL for? If that's what this is, then the $500 may not be too bad at all. That was the heaviest thing Sears ever sold if I remember correctly.

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
Joe, isn't the SS/14 the one Sears had a FEL for? If that's what this is, then the $500 may not be too bad at all. That was the heaviest thing Sears ever sold if I remember correctly.
I'm still waking up lol. I looked a bit closer, it's not the same tiller I have(looks only to have one row of blades), but still, any of those rear tillers with the hitch are hard to find these days. I don't want to steer anyone in the wrong direction or jump the gun here on pricing, but I'd ask for better pictures(and model #'s).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts