My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
322 jd. with loader
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Frame Swapped '88 322
1,257 Posts
I bought mine with 756 hours for $1500.

·
Super Moderator
39,184 Posts
To answer your question, too expensive! I'd offer maybe $2,000 - $2,250 because it is nice and clean. I bought my 318 with 760 hours with Ag tires, new replacement deck and front weight bracket for $1,650

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
With the snowblower I am not so sure he is way overpriced....maybe just a little

·
Super Moderator
39,184 Posts
There is also the issue of location, that would be overpriced here in PA, but there seems to be a lot of 318's in the area so supply and demand play into it!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Last spring I paid $700 for a 318 that had 500 hours on the meter. It needed new belts/blades and the throttle cable adjusted. It wasn't as pretty(been left outside) as the one you are looking and it only had a deck but... I think you can find one cheaper. I would not pay more than $2k for that set up as nice as it is.

BTW I sold mine a week later for $1100 and that was a deal. I am thinking the "normal" price range for a good running and fully functional 318 as being in the $1500-1600 range and add about $500 for the blower. Prices will vary by region and how much pride the seller has in his machine...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Depends on your location. I know a local guy that sold a nice 318 with only a #49 snow blower for $2600 and he thought he sold it too cheap. I don't see to many for sale around here. I the last one I saw listed also had only a snow blower and a cab was listed for $2700.

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
A little high but maybe not with a blower in the winter time in MI. It is amazing what you can sell at GT with a snowblower for sometimes in the winter.

·
Registered
395 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,100 Posts
There is a guy about 20 miles from here who buys 318's and then asks absolute top dollar for them and their attachments. For instance he'll advertise a 318 and mower deck on CL for $2700, then when you carefully read the ad the deck will be an extra $500. He's also one of those "in your face" CL advertisers. You know the kind, "Don't low ball me, I know what these are worth". I don't know if he ever actually sells anything, but his inventory seems to change, albeit very slowly.

·
322 jd. with loader
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i been looking for last 2 days on c.l. and even a reg. 318 is going for over 2 grand here in mi.
even seen 316's and 317's even more priced with less stuff that goes with it .
so id have to say not many around here for sale or atleast not in winter time i never really checked them out in summer .
what id love to have is a loader of some sort even if a johnny bucket i getting to old to use a shovel any more , i did put up a pole barn this yr. 28 x 32 so i need a new to me tractor to put in it . my 242 is getting lonely sitting my himself.
and i moved 8 yrd's of crushed cement and power mix for the drive ramp and all around it . all by shovel and little pull behind trailor.and price range i cant afford what id really like to get .
seen a x720 for $6,500 alittle over my budget right now. wow that 1 in wash. unreal some prices people ask for this stuff .
thank you all for the repley's

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
There is a guy about 20 miles from here who buys 318's and then asks absolute top dollar for them and their attachments. For instance he'll advertise a 318 and mower deck on CL for $2700, then when you carefully read the ad the deck will be an extra $500. He's also one of those "in your face" CL advertisers. You know the kind, "Don't low ball me, I know what these are worth". I don't know if he ever actually sells anything, but his inventory seems to change, albeit very slowly.
Steve- Did this guy have three of them on CL last spring? As I remember, he claimed that all of them had around 500 hrs on them and all had different attachments. They looked good in the pix, but wanted good money for them.

·
Premium Member
10,100 Posts
Steve- Did this guy have three of them on CL last spring? As I remember, he claimed that all of them had around 500 hrs on them and all had different attachments. They looked good in the pix, but wanted good money for them.
That's probably him. He's in Jaffrey, NH

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
The price on the tractors are all over the place. I just sold 2 of them One for $2500,00 and one for $2750.00 These were work tractors. It's hard to put a price on them.. They both had over 1100 hours on the clock;;

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.