My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hopped on my tractor yesterday and tried to lift the bucket and nothing happened and I thought, "&$%! not again!!!" I pulled the bleed screw and let a little fluid bleed, there was no air in it so I closed it back up and scratched my head. "*** is going on now?" I thought. The 3pt hitch was lifting fine but the aux hydraulics did nothing. Finally I hooked a hose on to the aux hydraulic output and stuck the open end in a bucket. Initially nothing happened so I thought perhaps I still had the Hyd selector set for the 3pt hitch so I hit the leaver to see if that was the case and fluid started pumping into the bucket.

After a little experimenting I discovered that the aux hydraulics will not function if the 3pt hitch is higher than the 3pt hitch operating lever is set. Example, If I operate the 3pt and move it up then switch the 3pt/aux sw to aux and lower the 3pt operating lever the aux hyd will not work. If I then lift the 3pt op lever to a point where if the selector was in 3pt position the 3pt would lift then the aux works. You follow?

Is that normal or do I have something screwy going on with my aux selector sw?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts