My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
Myself and my son are looking to get into the tractor market and are looking at our first fix up purchase. The guy says that it is pretty much complete but not sure of that and not sure if what he is stating. I hope that someone in this forum can assist prior to our buying a junk heap.
1965 Bolens Lawn Tractor model # 1050
Lawn Tractor with Wisconsin Heavy Duty Engine.
paint Cat yellow and black Direct drive front and rear.... Working attachments snow blower, tiller, disc and harrow......

any help would be appreciated

thanks again
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
A 1050 is a great tractor to start with. A lot of people like them and they are easy to find parts for.

The one in the pictures looks like it is a good solid tractor and as long as it runs it would make a great project if you get it for a good price. Other than the paint job being the wrong color it has a few wrong or missing parts. First the headlights aren't correct but will work if you just want some sort of headlight. Also the seat is wrong for a 1050 it should have a seat on it like the one in the picture I posted. I noticed that the steering will is not on it and that the hydraulic pump is missing. You really want to make sure you get it because the hydraulic lifts are hard to find for the tubeframes.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Overall, it doesn't look bad. There are some issues, but they are all fairly easy to fix. How much is he trying to get for the tractor? Does he have the hydraulic pump?

Jason

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am trying to find out about the hydraulic pump and he does not have the steering wheel, said that Ebay is where I would get that. they are asking $550 in the past looking for a not so difficult first project thought this was a pretty good price, with that being said my friends sometimes state that I have more money than brains. This is why I am looking and asking prior to the purchase. If it does not have the pump is that a ton of money, my mechanic ability is decent but more use to working on Semi's and that is kind of by the seat of my pants as well. I have lots of tools though...LOL

And yes will be a task to get back to correct colors but we are willing. I really appreciate your input and assistance.

·
Registered
108 Posts
looks to be a nice tractor other than the things pointed out, those Wisconsin engines are awesome. If he can find the pump use that for leverage to drop the price about $100-150, cause your probably gonna have that or a bit more into finding one.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I would say anything up to $350 is reasonable. $450 if he had the pump to go with the lift system.

Jason

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone I really appreciate it. i am going to meet with the guy tomorrow and will let you know how it goes. in not this one im sure that we will find another, thanks again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he just got back to me finally and stated that he has the pump but when he opened it up last year when he started on it that one of the gears inside was broke. so it is my assumption that will have to have a new one. i believe that i will offer 350.00 and let it go if he does not bite...did get pics of the snow blower attachment and is in great shape as well as the tiller however the 8 wheel disk deal is really rough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts