My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen an air filter setup like this before? I can't figure out how to get this silver cap off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Is this on your tractor?

The external air filter appears to be stock...with some alterations. There should be a latch can lid that holds and seals the internal filter assembly. Someone has substituted the cover with (what appears to be) an aluminum cover. They may have used some type of sealer (silicone or glue?) in place of the missing part.

Mark

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I didn't pay extra for it but it definitely makes the tractor alot faster!!! I'm guessing I pick up at least 1/8 mph easy!!!

I kind of figured the original cap was lost and this was someone's "good" idea. Bad thing is, I can't get it off to change the filter. Guess I'm gonna have to get creative.

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
There are no threads inside the log body. The filter should be the vortex generator type (several angled plastci fins) that spin the incoming air resulting in slinging the debris to the inside of the filter. A snug and airtight fit is essential to keep dirt out of the combustion chamber and causing premature ring ware.

I'm thinking a large 'strap style' oil filter wrench would help pulling the makeshift lid off....maybe(?).

Mark

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is this on your tractor?

The external air filter appears to be stock...with some alterations. There should be a latch can lid that holds and seals the internal filter assembly. Someone has substituted the cover with (what appears to be) an aluminum cover. They may have used some type of sealer (silicone or glue?) in place of the missing part.

Mark

Or maybe it is just hammered in really tight?

This looks like the same design as my B7100, there should be an inner and outer cap. The inner will have an opening at the top so the larger dirt particles are captured between the two caps.

Ted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts