My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this at the local junk yard...Is it a power king or just a custom job?
Thanks
Taylor

·
Still plays with tractors
2,353 Posts
Looks like a Power King with modified sheet metal to accept a liquid cooled engine. Older style loader too.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what would you pay for something like this? What is the loader worth? i dont wanna loose money if it doesnt owrk out.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Deffinetly a power king. if you can get it for a good price, it could make a good worker for you.

·
Still plays with tractors
2,353 Posts
Considering we don't know what engine was put in, whether or not it runs and what modifications were done in order for it to fit (even whether or not you will keep that engine if it does run or get one that's more original), I wouldn't give more than $500 for it. I think you could get at least that out of the loader (because it's the older style) if it doesn't work out. There looks to be A LOT of work to make that one something useful. If it's in a junk yard, you might be able to get it for scrap price. Besides, you HAVE to lose money because it's an old tractor and you love it.:banghead3

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I'm no pricing expert but just considering what I've seen & read mostly from this site I would venture to say as long as the loader is complete -the loader iself would have to be worth at least 1,000.00 plus whatever the value of the tractor is ....... JMO .

Mike

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looks like it has been modified quite a bit. Hydro tank relocated, FEL mount customized, etc.. Not saying it is bad or unusable, just that the original IPL may not be useful for the FEL. Looks like it has the "snow bucket" on it. Here is what mine looked like when I dragged it home. Some of the sheet metal is off, but you get the picture.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi,

Without seeing more details about the hyd cylinder condition(good chrome, no pitting, seals, etc) and structural (bends, welds) my opinion is the $500 number Jeff threw out is what I would consider a good number.

chuckbob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts